Friday, April 29, 2022

Happy Friday Stitchers!

Happy Friday!   What a great time of year it is!

We just wanted to share our latest Bird house wool applique project --

"Home Sweet Home"

and our little story behind the inspiration-----

Home Sweet Home is this months birdhouse project….. I’d like to share with you the inspiration of my hometown for this project ….


With over 700 historic homes, orange trees and Palm trees, Redlands, California is a historic town that became famous for the navel orange. Although the groves have made way to homes and progress there are orange trees everywhere throughout the town and the smell is wonderful during the months of April and early May. 


We also have a beautiful downtown within walking distance passing these homes along the way (my son and his family own one of these grand old gals), the smell of old wood from these homes as you pass by brings back so many memories reminding me of grandparents, that sounds weird but I know several of you know what I mean. 


Several years ago when I was a “beginner” quilter every year in May the quilt guild held a quilt/historic home walking tour with quilts from the guild displayed in the homes (unfortunately they can not do this anymore due to restrictions and the times), I remember one year Eleanor Burns attended the show as a special guest and drove up in a beautiful vintage car, I’ll never forget how funny and sweet she was to everyone, such a special lady who inspires me to this day.


If you are ever in our area be sure to come downtown to State Street and our Orange Street Alley where the umbrellas line the top of the alley.  Another gem is Normandie Court with it’s whimsical and enchanting storybook homes where we pull our inspiration for this month’s bird house …..  I hope you enjoy our little story for this months bird house as much as I do bringing it to you, Home Sweet Home is wherever you call home…….Happy Stitching! 



Home Sweet Home kit $18.00






No comments:

Post a Comment